Specialist Lawyer for Intellectual Property Law
IP and media
+49 711 24 8395 206
Jürgen Held advises on all issues of trademark, design and competition law as well as media law. His work focuses on the development and supervision of IP portfolios (trademarks, designs, patents, know-how etc.) in order to enhance their value, on the registration and monitoring of trademark and design rights as well as the prosecution of the IP infringements. He advises on the legal aspects of advertising and communications campaigns, on media projects and in the areas of merchandising and sponsoring. Jürgen Held also supports enterprises in the exploitation and valuation of intellectual property (licensing, sale etc.).
His expertise includes representation during the negotiation and finalization of contracts (licensing, project, cooperation and development contracts as well as standard terms and conditions), as well as representation in court during litigation and proceedings before the registration authorities.
Jürgen Held’s clients include technology and media enterprises as well as innovative medium-sized companies, for example mechanical engineering companies, automotive component suppliers and commercial enterprises from the garment, sports and food industries. He also advises agencies, publishing companies, museums, designers, creators in the media industry and the arts as well as a traditional football club in the German premier league, of which he is a fan.
Focal points/ competencies
Jürgen Held works as a lawyer in the IP and Media as well as IT Law and Data Protection departments.
His main areas of practice are:
- Working group on media and intellectual property law within the German Bar Association (DAV)
- German Bar Association (DAV)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Marketing Club Region Stuttgart e.V.
- Lectures on sponsoring and trademark law at the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) (currently on leave of absence)
- Born in 1964 in Stuttgart
- Law degree completed in Tübingen and Frankfurt am Main
- Further legal training at Regional Court (LG) Stuttgart
- Admitted as a Rechtsanwalt in 1996
- 1996-1999 Haggeney and Schriefers, Stuttgart
- 1999-2001 Partner at Haggeney & Held, Stuttgart, specializing in trademark law
- 2001-2014 Partner at Schaudt Rechtsanwälte, Stuttgart, department for IP/IT law
- since 2015 Partner at Vogel & Partner
Foreign Languages: English
»Umgang mit IP und IT in der Unternehmenstransaktion«
FuS Zeitschrift für Familienunternehmen und Stiftungen, 6/2015, S 226 ff.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.