Jürgen Held advises on all issues of trademark, design and competition law as well as media law. The focus of his work is the value-creating development and management of intellectual property portfolios (trademarks, designs, patents, know-how, etc.), the registration and monitoring of trademark and design rights, and the prosecution of infringements of intellectual property rights. He accompanies the legal aspects of advertising/communication campaigns and advises on media projects as well as merchandising and sponsoring. Furthermore, he supports companies in the exploitation and evaluation of intellectual property (licensing, sale, etc.).
His expertise includes out-of-court representation in the negotiation and drafting of contracts (licensing, project, cooperation, and development agreements as well as general terms and conditions), as well as litigation in court disputes and proceedings before the registry authorities.
His clients include technology and media companies, as well as innovative medium-sized enterprises, such as mechanical engineering companies, automotive suppliers and retail companies from the clothing, sports and food sectors. He also advises agencies, publishers, museums, designers, media and art professionals, as well as a traditional German soccer league club of which he is a fan.
Areas of focus/expertise
- Working group on media and intellectual property law within the German Bar Association (DAV)
- German Bar Association (DAV)
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Marketing Club Region Stuttgart e.V.
- Studied law in Tübingen and Frankfurt/Main
- Attorney at law since 1996
- Associate at the law firm Haggeney & Schriefers, Stuttgart, from 1996 to 1999
- Partner at the law firm Haggeney & Held, Stuttgart, specialized in trademark law, from 1999 to 2001
- Partner at the law firm Schaudt Rechtsanwälte, Stuttgart, IP/IT department, from 2001 to 2014
- Partner at the law firm Vogel & Partner, Stuttgart, 2015
Foreign Languages: English