Dr. Tanja Nitschke
Mag. Rer. Publ.
IT law and data protection
IP and media
+49 721 78 20 27-0
Tanja Nitschke specialises in electronic legal transactions law as well as professional and liability law. Through her work as a journalist, her expertise also includes media and press law issues.
After her studies and legal traineeship in Erlangen/Nuremberg, Tanja Nitschke worked in an interdisciplinary research project at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). Her dissertation, which arose from this, deals with legal issues of autonomous software agents. At the same time, she completed a Master’s degree with a focus on public management/eGovernment in Speyer and was an editor of a legal policy magazine.
In six years as a lawyer in a BGH law firm, Tanja Nitschke gained extensive experience in civil procedural law as well as in the professional and liability law of liberal professions. Afterwards, as deputy editor-in-chief of the NJW, she was responsible for this area and for IT and data protection law, among other things, and also advised on social media in her own law firm. Since 2016, she has been the managing director of the German Federal Bar (Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer) and is responsible, among other things, as editor-in-chief for BRAK-Mitteilungen, BRAK-Magazin and the beA-Newsletter.
Focal points/ competencies
Dr. Tanja Nitschke works as a lawyer in the IT Law and Data Protection and IP and Media departments.
Her main areas of practice are:
Berufs- und Haftungsrecht
Presse- und Medienrecht
- German Association of Law and Informatics (DGRI)
- EDV-Gerichtstag e.V.
- German Women Lawyers`Associotion (djb)
- Born 1975 in Nuremberg
- Law degree completed at the university of Erlangen
- Further legal training at Nuremberg-Fürth Regional Court
- Postgraduate studies in administrative sciences in Speyer
- Doctorate at the University of Freiburg (“Contracts involving software agents – a legal framework”)
- Lawyer at Vorwerk & Schultz Attorneys at Law at the BGH from 2006-2012
- Admitted as a Rechtsanwaeltin in since 2012
- From 2012-2016 deputy editor-in-chief of the Neue Juristische Wochenschrift (NJW)
- Since 2016 Managing Director of the German Federal Bar (public relations, print and online media)
- Since 2016 Of Counsel at Vogel und Partner
Foreign languages: English
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.